Saturday, April 19, 2008

Street Kings

Street Kings, starring Keanu Reeves is about a LAPD cop going to many lengths to find the killer of his ex-partner while his captain (Forest Whitaker) protects him from the Internal Affairs and the Law. He brings along a younger detective (Chris Evans) to find justice, but comes out with death and corruption.
This movie was very intense and never let me leave for the bathroom. There were many times I felt I had to go, but there was never a low point in the movie I felt I could miss.
This movie was very good except for the fact that LAPD really isn't corrupt (or as corrupt) as this movie portrays. There is ample amounts of blood and one scene of dead, rotting corpses. If you have any problem with continuous use of the F-bomb, then don't see this.
Other than that it was an incredibly thrilling movie and well acted for the most part. I find it a little funny that the "girl" of the movie is in a bikini on the cover when you see her in it for two seconds then she is robed for the remainder of the scene. There is no romantic connection between Keanu Reeves and her since he is basically not over his wife's death a few years ago. I could be wrong but I don't think they even kiss in the movie.
Another minor negative is that they never point out that even though Keanu Reeves was "blinded", he never had any consequences for the wrong that he did, even though it was planned for him to do those things.
In my opinion, definitely a must-see movie, just don't go without a mindset for seeing graphic and realistic blood and gore.

No comments: